Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Recycle Day: Old Notes

As a math major in my last semester I have accumulated a ton and I mean, literally a TON of scrap paper with oodles of chicken scratch that at one time or another resembled practice work for math homework or practice problems worked out in all of their detail in order to prepare for a test.  For some reason or other I have a hard time getting rid of all of this math that I put hours and hours of my life into.  In some way I feel as if I will use it again.  Even though some of it is illegible I have this gut feeling that I will need to reference it someday in order to remember some technique.

I know this is silly because I could Google a question and find an answer faster than I could search through tons of papers, find what I was looking for, interpret what I wrote, figured out the context of the notes in which that tidbit of information was given, and then realize that that wasn't the information I wanted at all!  Still I can't quite rid myself of the four inch stack of papers that sit to the left of my desk.  Using the sublime inspiration of pinterest I found a way of using the notes to decorate!  These new paper flowers are cute but I only expect to decorate with them in this college house and plan on throwing them out upon graduation, but for their short college life span they are kinda cute.

This is the pinterest inspiration:


These are my math doodles before:

This is what I turned them into!


It might be a little childish but I can rest at peace tonight knowing my math notes are close by, but look a lot cuter than they did before.  I hung this flower above Samantha's bed to surprise her!  She will probably roll her eyes and move it back into my room with a smile.  She knows I'm a bit silly!

Dreaming of Laplace transforms,

Felicity

No comments:

Post a Comment