Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Recycle Day has Returned

It is the new year!  Every year, well let's be honest, just about every week I tell myself I will do my best to be less of a hoarder and more organized and this year is no different.  I was looking through my desk drawers when I found a light bulb.  It was burnt out and dead as a door nail.  In fact, upon further investigation it became apparent that I had moved this light bulb from my old house to my new house.  Now that is bad.  I moved a dead light bulb.

Being the hoarder that I am, and feeling some strange attachment to this light bulb i decided to re-purpose it instead of throwing it out.  And this is what I did.


I turned it into a penguin!


I painted the majority of the light bulb black.  I used sample paint from home depot.  It took a few coats because of the texture of the light bulb.


I sharpie-ed the face on it.  Clearly this was not my most accurate paint job, but it was just an experiment and I think it turned out cute!  I bought some black felt to give it little flippers and more dimension!  I'll post pictures once I finish him off.  I am thinking about turning him into a Christmas ornament.  Any other ideas for Flipper?

Reduce, reuse, recycle,

Felicity

No comments:

Post a Comment