Friday, January 27, 2012

Friday Funday: Origins

I don't think I ever told y'all where Friday Funday came from.  For about 13 years I was on swim team.  It was a love/hate relationship but all in all I am glad I participated.  Occasionally on Friday the coach would proclaim 'Guess what guys!  It's Friday Funday!'.  Now this could mean one of two things:
1.) We were gonna play water polo, jump off the diving board and have a fabulous two hours of fun OR
2.) The coach was gonna bust our rear ends and give us the hardest workout we have ever experienced or will ever experience in our entire life.  This would stink at the time but in the end we felt stronger, we swam better, and no one can complain with results like that.

That's right, I swam with Leverenz (when I was a wee tot)!

Now that you know what Friday Funday is all about for me I will explain how I plan to make use of it in blog form.
1.)  I will provide a post of stuff I think is fun, inspiring, and brings a smile OR
2.) I will give you the most miserable post to read ever because I feel like complaining.
Yes, I realize that with this in mind you probably have no desire to read the rest of this post but hey, at least I gave you fair warning.


The troubles with this week:
1.) My roommate was at a conference and I was all by myself until Thursday!  I was very lonely and sad.  Now I am very excited she is home and less sad so it did get better, which is good.

2.) I like to run.  I am not good at running, I cannot run far, but I run intervals 3-4 times a week and do other exercises the other 2 days ion a week, with Sunday as my rest day.  Well, I had a really nasty blister on the arch of my left foot.  It popped and was raw which hurt while running but I said 'no pain no gain' and sucked it up.  Now, I have a blister inside the perimeter of the old blister.  I asked my PE professor what I should do, he took a look at it and said it was infected.  SO, guess who's not allowed to do any exercises like running, or elliptical, or things that involve your feet until it heals?  Oh yeah, me.  So basically my entire exercise routine has been killed for the foreseeable future.  After all of that ranting I can attest that it is healing and my foot it feeling better which is really nice because I was in a lot of pain.  I guess every grey cloud has a silver lining.

I know her!!!

3.) I am having the hardest time waking up.  This in itself does not seem like such a bad thing but it is similar to a time when this symptom as it were brought me face to face with a serious health problem so it concerns me.


4.) I'm whining and I hate whining but I am doing it anyway and that bothers me.

If you read all of that you are better than me, I would have quit 4 paragraphs ago!  Well thank you for listening, I feel a lot better having gotten all of that out.

Have a wonderful weekend,

Felicity

No comments:

Post a Comment