Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Last Semester

Today is the very first day of my last semester of school!  I went on a super shopping spree to stock up on backpack friendly snacks that meet my dietary needs.  I have a lot of allergies and am very aware of the need to eat properly which is difficult on the go.

One of my dietary restrictions is no chocolate due to migraines.  I was also told to limit my sugar intake and focus on proteins, fruits, and veggies.  This is more difficult than I thought due to my love of baked goods.  I just love oatmeal cookies!

Sooooooo, in my desperation I found a sugar free oatmeal cookie recipe at cooks.com!

The recipe is pretty much the same as regular oatmeal raisin cookies.  Oatmeal, raisins, (I put in Craisins too), flour, the usual; but the twist is applesauce.



1 cup flour
1 cup oatmeal
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 cup raisins
1 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/4 cup water
1/3 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Mix all ingredients and bake cookies 10-15 minutes at 375 degrees.

Being the classy blogger that I am I took the picture of the cookies when they were in some Tupperware.  Thus the picture is super close and does not capture the deliciousness of these sugar free cookies but I was lazy and didn't want to wash any more dishes.

{source}
These oatmeal cookies are not textured like the traditional cookies.  They are soft, not crunchy, but they are hardy cookies, definitely not a fluff dessert.

Eating right and loving cookies,

Felicity

No comments:

Post a Comment