Thursday, January 26, 2012

Disney Cooks?

I found a recipe for lemon chicken that sounded really good at http://family.go.com/food/recipe-ak-829160-lemon-chicken-t/ so I went and bought all of the ingredients.


Ingredients:

For the Chicken:

  • 2 large chicken breast fillets - cut into chunks
  • 1 teaspoon soy sauce
  • 1 egg yoke
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
  • 2-3 tablespoons vegetable oil for frying
  • 4 scallions to serve
For the Sauce:
  • 1/4 cup lemon juice
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 2 tablespoons sugar
  • 1 teaspoon cornstarch
  • salt and pepper to taste
Easy enough, so I cut up the chicken and let it soak in the soy sauce for half an hour or so.  I mix together the sauce and put it on the stove over medium high heat until it thickens.  I turn to the computer to determine my next step and see that the recipe is from Disney family!  I had no idea Disney had their own recipes!  I didn't know Disney cooked, I just thought they entertained!  How strange is that?!


Moving on, I mixed the egg yoke and cornstarch together, rolled the chicken chunks in it, frid the chicken in some hot vegetable oil, mixed the sauce and chicken together, added scallions and put it over rice!

Not bad Disney, not bad!

Enjoy,

Felicity


No comments:

Post a Comment