Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Recycle Day: Leftover Yarn

Hello, my name is Felicity and I am a yarnaholic.  That's right, I am addicted to yarn.  Right now I have nine skeins of partially used yarn from past projects that I finished.  Often I am left with a little over half a skein of yarn.  This is not really enough yarn to make a full fledged project but I usually don't want to go buy more of the same color to make another project because I want a new color, a new weight, new, new, new.  I did find a nice project, requiring a small amount of yarn in which to use the leftover yarn from my poncho project!  Glovelets!

Easiest project ever!  It uses very little yarn and is a quick project you can finish in just a couple hours!

Materials:
  • 9mm (U.S. 13) Knitting Needles
  • Appropriate sized yarn
Procedure (make 2):
  • Cast on 15 stitches
  • Garter stitch (knit every stitch, every row) until piece measures 8 1/2 inches
  • Cast off leaving a long tail
  • Fold piece in half width-wise
  • Mattress stitch sides together starting at one end for 2 inches
  • Leave 1 inch without stitching sides together (thumb hole)
  • Stitch the remaining length together 
There you have it - easy-peasy glovelets!

Knitters Anonymous,

Felicity



1 comment:

  1. Those are really cute - did you mean to link up to Scavenger Hunt Sunday though?

    ReplyDelete