Thursday, January 19, 2012

Capers?

I had capers.  What does a college kid do with capers?  They were not the cheapest thing in the world so I went on an internet search to find an easy recipe with capers and boy did I ever!  It is called Tilapia with Caper-Parsley Sauce and it was scrumptious.  I love fish plain so I figured I couldn't go wrong with the tilapia but the sauce had a tangy taste with a good color, much better than just squeezing lemon juice over the fish!

The recipe from realsimple.com included potatoes in the recipe but yesterday was a very busy day for me so I skipped the potatoes and steamed green beans instead.


This is how easy this recipe is:

Ingredients:

  • Tilapia
  • salt
  • pepper
  • 4 1/2 tablespoons butter
  • 1 cup white cooking wine
  • 2 tablespoons capers
  • 1/4 cup fresh parsley
Directions:


  • Season with salt and pepper. 
  • Cut the tilapia in half lengthwise.
  • Cook the tilapia in batches in a skillet with 1 1/2 tablespoons butter over medium-high heat (it takes about 2-3 minutes per side).
  • Pour 1 cup of white cooking wine in the skillet and wait until it is reduced by half.
  • Whisk in 3 tablespoons butter, 2 tablespoons capers, and 1/4 cup fresh parsley.
  • Spoon it over your tilapia and enjoy!

Well, gotta run,

Felicity

1 comment: