Wednesday, January 4, 2012

For the Love of Scrabble

Scrabble seems to have taken the world by storm.  My friends are addicted and creating personalized scrabble blocks for them seemed to be the ultimate Christmas gift.  I picked up some scrap wood from Home Depot - you can usually find it in a box by the wood cutter for 51cents.  Then I cut them into squares with a saw and sanded them and they were ready for some paint.


I used a paint sample from Home Depot and printed out images of scrabble blocks and sized them to my pieces of wood.  I used (something like) an X-acto knife, cut out the letters and numbers, traced it onto the wood with a pencil, and painted it.




I did initials, and spelled words that have meaning to my friends, but really these scrabble blocks are great to personalize for whatever there purpose is!



To finish them off I took them outside and gave them two coats of varnish.  If you can varnish them outside because, man-o-man, varnish is smelly!


Every word's a winner,

Felicity

No comments:

Post a Comment