Thursday, January 12, 2012

Put a Neck Scarf On

It's winter and it's not that chilly here in the great Southwest.  I have been knitting up a storm and have four scarfs ready to go, but it has not been cold enough to wear them!  It has however been cold enough to make some warm comfort food!

Wanting to try something new I went on foodnetwork.com and they offered to plan healthy weeknight dinners.  I let them plan away and they suggested Pasta Puttanesca.  It took 17 minutes to make, it smelled great, and it was really tasty.  The only downfall in my opinion is the lack of protein.  To make this a well rounded meal some protein and a side of veggies would make it perfecto!  In terms of looks I will let the pictures speak for themselves.

8 ounces whole wheat thin spaghetti
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/3 cup chopped parsley
1/4 cup pitted chopped Spanish or Greek olives
2 tablespoons capers
1 teaspoon anchovy paste
1 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves of 1 teaspoon dried
1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 can diced tomatoes
3/4 cup chopped fresh arugula
1/4 cup grated Parmesan

I substituted spinach for arugula and left out the olives.

Mmm . . . Pasta.

Parmesan cheese; I could eat it straight.

Mama Mia Pasta Puttanesca, Magnifico.
{source}

Truly Scrumptious,

Felicity

2 comments:

  1. what type of pan did you use for cooking the meal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used a skillet to make the sauce and a pot to cook the pasta!

      Delete