Sunday, October 30, 2011

Slow Down

Oh the weekend, how I love thee.  Yesterday was lovely.  I slept in, took two naps, finished a quilt top, made cookies with friends, and fell asleep in the living room while watching a movie.  First the quilt top; it is finished, the back is pieced, now all I have to do is get the batting and quilt it but I am totally lacking inspiration so I put it away for now and will come back to it when ideas abound.




Next, my two friends made dinner!  It was so very nice of them, I didn't even lift a finger.  They tried out a recipe from Dabbling in the Delicious called Chicken Enchilada Spaghetti.  It was lick you lips, clean your plate delish!


Onto cookies.  Samantha is an expert baker, she concocts the most beautiful and tasty desserts I have ever laid eyes on (sorry momma). Her apple pie is to die for - hint hint Samantha!  Anyway, she had mixed up the dough and the frosting ahead of time so we grabbed those cookie cutters and got to work!









 Oh yeah, we had a frosting fight.  I lost.  It looks like I have mustard running down my forehead.


It made for a fantastic day and a full tummy.  It was a day of embracing fall the way I think of it; quilts to keep you warm, sewing, which is an integral part of every season, the oven warming the house, a mixture of warm yummy smells wafting out of the kitchen, lots of laughs, and wonderful friends.

Much love,

Felicity

4 comments: