Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Apron Matron

Recycle day week four.  Still jeans.  Let’s do it to it.

Old Jean Use No. 4: Apron

Before reading this you should know that I have never made an apron before.  One day I sat down and decided I would try to make one without Google-ing any instruction, looking through patterns, or even discussing the idea with someone knowledgeable about making aprons, so below you will see what I did.  I would call this a failed project on my part but the idea is still sound so I thought I would share it anyway.  I mean, old jeans are already worn and have been through worse battles than the occasional joust with flour, egg yolk and raw meat.  I see it as the perfect way to finally be allowed, even encouraged, to wipe my hands on my pants and not be told to use a towel.


Cut out any part of the jeans you want, at any length you want.  Sew said parts together to make a panel of sorts.  Cut your panel into any form you want as your apron.  I decided to make an apron that ties around the waist with a rounded hem.


Use fabric or ribbon to use as apron ties.  Sew the ties onto each side of the apron.  Bind the top edge of the apron.  Decorate away!

This poor apron needs a matron!

Hugs,

Felicity

No comments:

Post a Comment