Monday, October 31, 2011

Learning

I have never appliqued and was interested in learning, so Samantha and I set up a sewing date with a very talented quilter where we received a lesson in applique.
Samantha made some very cute potholders:



The seed packets were appliqued on.  It gives these potholders such dimension!

I, on the other hand, between talking, snacking, joking, laughing, and story-telling did not manage to be quite as productive.  All I accomplished was cutting up some fabric and sorting the pieces into plastic bags by color.


Even though I don't have a lot to show for my day of supposed sewing I feel as if I fulfilled my goal.  I now know how to applique, in words at least, but more importantly I spent some quality time with my best friends.  I smiled so big that the people I was with commented on it.  I shared a meal with the people I love, and I laughed so hard I nearly spewed chili out of my nose!

"for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus"
Romans 3:23,24

Celebrate the Reformation.

God's peace,

Felicity

No comments:

Post a Comment