Monday, October 24, 2011

Bag It

I began this project in August.  I wanted to make a little make-up bag out of a book I had recently purchased by the most talented Swedish quilter I have ever heard of, Lise Bergene.  Unfortunately I was rushing the process, wanting to get the bag finished, and completely changed the orientation, design, colors, and pretty much everything that made the bag look like the bag designed by Lise.


This is the point where I set it aside and decided to forget about it for a while.  Then, about two weeks ago, with some fabulous brainstorming from Kirsten, a new design was born, and finally, the bag was finished.



When deciding to bind the bag, I did not feel like hand-stitching the binding, so I didn't!  I machine stitched it!  It was fast, and it looks good on the bag but I still prefer hand-stitched binding, it looks cleaner and provides a more finished effect.  In other words, I think it is just straight-up better.



The End,

Felicity

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that turned out really cute! Great job! It feels good when a project is done.

    ReplyDelete