Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Staple Gun

Through the wonderful world wide web I saw various really adorable ideas for cutesy corkboards, so I went to the thrift store, found a cheap frame and painted it using a paint sample from Home Depot.

Then I discovered chicken wire on the roof of my shed.  How it got there, I don't know.  Who's it was, I don't know.  Did I use it, you bet I did.


I paraded these random things over to a friends house (in my boots of course) who graciously offered to staple fabric on the back and staple the chicken wire on the frame with his staple gun.  He even let me use the staple gun!  I used a staple gun, and no one was injured!  Oh, and by the way, I got to use a staple gun!







Thus this cork board was born.  I had a piece of wood that fit into the frame, covered it with fabric, placed the chicken wire over the frame, popped the fabric covered wood in, stapled the chicken wire down, trimmed off the excess chicken wire, covered the back with a piece of wood and added a picture hanger.



After that the board was complete.  Then one of the guys who helped me with the sawing and the staple-gunning wanted to see how much power the staple gun had and shot it at the grill.  The staple gun has a range of about 20 feet and made a really cool noise when it hit the grill.  No one was hurt in this experiment.

Lessons Learned:

  1. Staple guns are awesome
  2. Power tools are awesome
  3. Boys love power tools
  4. Boys thinking shooting a staple gun at the grill is a good idea
  5. Boys think a staple gun should replace a stun gun
  6. Staple guns are awesome

All I'm saying y'all is staple. gun.


Felicity

No comments:

Post a Comment