Friday, September 23, 2011

It's Fall

It is the very first day of fall . . 


and the dirt here is not changing colors.


The students are still hard at work with their nose to the grindstone.  Backpacks are seen on every back, pencils are all a flurry, brains are deep in concentration, and my hair keeps getting in my eyes!  So, in this new season of fall I thought it would be appropriate to whip up a simple knit headband.


It is basically a thin scarf.  I used a needle twice the size that the yarn called for in order to get a nice, big, loose knit.


Since starting this blog I have been so excited and inspired to try new things, start new projects, and explore new areas of craftiness.  During this brief time I have started a gazillion projects and have finished only a handful.  I have forgotten to enjoy the feel of fabric as I feed it through the sewing machine, to revel in the soft warmth of a knitted project in the works on my lap, to marvel at God's beautiful and wondrous creation.  So I decided to make a list of goals for fall:
  • Finish two quilts - binding, label, everything.
  • Walk three mornings a week - to see the glory of the Lord.
  • Sing out loud once a week.
  • Remember to keep my chin up.
  • Love myself - honor the temple that God formed. 


I ask that you keep me to it, please hold me accountable.

Warmest wishes,

Felicity

No comments:

Post a Comment