Monday, September 26, 2011

Bring It On

For those of you who read my post on Friday I presented a list of goals for fall.  The very first one was to finish two quilts.  I have finished the top of one quilt!  I bought the back and am taking it to the quilters this coming weekend!  I am well on my way to fulfilling part of one goal!



This pattern came from American Patchwork and Quilting magazine, August 2010.  I followed the pattern . . .kinda.  Thanks to the Fountain of Life Lutheran Quilt Group  I had a bunch, I mean a BUNCH, of pre-cut 2 1/2 " red strips.  I used those along with some old cream colored scraps and this quilt was formed.  The dimensions are different than those given in the magazine but its the same idea.


I cannot wait to get it back from the quilters and finish it off!  I know this is my very first post about quilting but don't you worry, there are many more to come.  Now since I have the goal of finishing quilting projects you will be seeing a lot more completed quilts, most of them all I have to do is sew the binding on.  Binding is my least favorite part of quilting, but it does feel good when you finish!

Keep Calm and Quilt On,

Felicity

P.S. - The question this week was a bit of a trick question - as long as your answer included Jesus you were correct!

1 comment: