Friday, February 10, 2012

The Talent

The hard part was over.  I ran down to the dressing room and literally ripped by swimsuit off of my body.  It was at the pageant that I was introduced to butt glue.  Yes, that's right.  I glued my swimsuit to my butt so I wouldn't get a wedgie on stage.  I might be missing some skin down there because it stuck to my swimsuit . . . TMI.

Anyway, swimsuit off talent dress on.  Pantyhose on.  Different shoes on.  Put flute together.  Grab music, run to stage.  Walk onto stage composed.  Pretend I am not out of breath.  Raise the flute to my chin.  Escape into a world of bliss.

For the first time Saturday I felt comfortable.  I was dressed in a beautiful gown I wore when I was sixteen for All-state auditions, I had my glasses on for the first time all day and could see what was going on, and I was playing music I knew like the back of my hand.  It felt so soothing to escape into the melody, feel the cool silver of my flute and the warmth of my breath as it escaped through the keys.  I was performing and I was beautiful and I was calm.  I could have stayed on that stage and played all night.

Felicity

1 comment:

  1. you were in a beauty pagent? wow! haha butt glue..never thought about it, but I guess you never see swimsuit models with wedgies.. :)

    ReplyDelete