Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Game Day


Saturday, 6:30 am, the morning of the pageant.  I am up, showering, make-up-ing, getting dressed and packing.  Off to the hair dressers I go where a wonderful stylist Melanie curled my hair!  My hair held all night and looked great!


I arrive at the location of the pageant at 10:30.  I put on more make-up (I didn't know that was possible) get dressed for my interview and stand in front of a panel of judges as they ask me questions about my platform of Operation Gratitude, my resume, and political questions to see where I stand on current events and apparently determine my political leaning before the night begins to biased-ly decide if I have the opinions they want Miss Tucson to have.

Once all of the girls have interviewed we begin rehearsal where we learn the opening number, practice walking patterns and each get a crack or two of performing our talent on stage.

Before I know it it is half an hour until the show begins.  I put on EVEN MORE MAKE-UP, get changed into my opening number outfit (I am dressed like Sandy from the last song in Grease).  The girls and I walk up the ramp to the stage and make our first appearance to the audience.  After saying our name, our school, and our platform we literally run from the stage to our dressing room and change into our swimsuit.

Felicity

No comments:

Post a Comment