Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Pageant Preperation

Whew!  I have had a crazy past week!  Saturday was the Tucson Miss Desert Rose/Old Pueblo Pageant and it is amazing how much work goes into your ten minutes on stage!  This week I will walk you through it.

First, I had to find enough dresses, shoes, make-up, and jewelry to meet all of the requirements of the pageant. Now let me be the first to tell you, I am a shoe horse, but I do not often wear stiletto heels in various outrageous colors and tons of jewels and glitter so my collection did not help me out a lot for this adventure.  I was able to use a pair of shoes I wore in a wedding a pair of lain black heels work for me though.

Next, I had to prepare me talent; playing the flute.  I practiced for hours the week before the pageant since I signed up so late!

After that getting my face painted was the dilemma at hand.  I did not own foundation, eye liner, or lipstick until Thursday night, two days before the pageant.  I walked into a mall, had a make-up booth grab me, put gobs of make-up on me and tell me how to paint my face for Saturday.  I bought some foundation and began to act like a beauty queen.  I put make-up on Friday for 'practice' for the pageant.

Friday it was time to shave my legs (something I rarely do in the winter . . . or the summer for that matter), get my fingernails done, pluck my eyebrows and beg my momma to paint my toenails.  My momma was very willing to paint my toenails and make some finishing touches to my eyebrows, she is such a trooper.  I packed up all of my stuff that night, did a final practice of my talent and went to bed.

Felicity

No comments:

Post a Comment